Sissel Tolaas – the woman who collects smells
Even if she is a scientific researcher, Tolaas mainly also works as a creative and links smell to the creative industry which seems particularly interesting to me.
- artist, smell scientist and researcher, professor
- collected almost 8000 odors
- works on a smell archive since 25 years
- worked for Louis Vuitton, Cartier, Estee Lauder Sony, etc.
- worked with IFF on the film “The Perfume”
- exhibited all around the world
Cicero (2016) Die Frau, die Gerüche sammelt. Available at: http://www.cicero.de/stil/sissel-tolaas/die-frau-die-gerüche-sammelt/54288 (Accessed: 19 April 2016).
Wikipedia (2016) Sissel Tolaas. Available at: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sissel_Tolaas (Accessed: 19 April 2016).
Fig. 1: Connectivity Room (n.a.) Smelly Design. Available at: http://connectivityroom.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/sissal-toolas-smell-pic.jpg (Accessed: 19 April 2016).
Fig. 2: Wiesengrun (2014) Sissel Tolaas / on smell. Available at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpHUc_9pQi4 (Accessed: 19 April 2016).
Fig. 3: Design Indaba (2013) Sissel Tolaas on discovering the world from the perspective of the nose. Available at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2jxk1E_fPE (Accessed: 19 April 2016).